HISTORY OF THE New Dawn Foundation
The New Dawn Foundation is located in “The White House,” that is also known as The Oaks. It was built in 1900 and served as a school for girls before being privately purchased in 1919 by Charles and Magdalene Klingenstein. The Klingensteins often invited nurses and nursing students from Mount Sinai to come to The Oaks for rest and relaxation. In 1946 Mrs. Klingenstein gave the property to the Alumnae Association of the Mount Sinai School of Nursing. When the nursing school closed, the property was privately purchased to create a community-based healing center and charitable foundation. See more about our history.
In 2008 the property was donated to the New Dawn Foundation and continues to serve as a beautiful haven for rest, relaxation, and renewal.